Friday, May 6, 2016

HIS PAWN




The Dead are coming to this place.
The moon trembles and bows its face.
Thunder stikes a chord in the distance.
No one can mount a strong resistance.

Lightning sizzles and dances in place.
Soon red and yellow strikes join the race.
I can see them returning in force.
Wolf is riding in on a black horse.

He leads his army to town.
He’s wearing a wicked frown.
I know he’s searching for me.
Quiet as a mouse I’ll be.

But soon he finds my hiding place.
Blaring trumpets pick up his pace.
Time has come to a sudden stop.
He stares at me from bottom to top.

He wants me for his frozen bride.
Too late for me to run or hide.
I stand up straight to meet him.
You could hear a dropping pin.

He takes me into his arms for a kiss.
But all I want to do is yell and hiss.
I don’t want to be one of The Dead.
I walk behind him with growing dread.

The battle lines have been drawn.
And I’m merely Wolf’s small pawn.
I pray Todd saves me instead
From a fate much worse than dead.

THE DEAD GAME continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment